Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Bangkok I am invited to lunch

I have been invited to lunch with the Blue Elephant cooking school class for today, Victor's final day. This is exiting as he is so animated by his new knowledge when he gets home. I feel lucky to enjoy this small part of his program.

We start the with our breakfast routine and walk and split up to our respective school-internet. I am concerned as this is my last day to log some hours at the computer. After this we are together again and I don't want to spend our time at the computer. I am blogging swiftly but still only get through our Macau adventures.

I meet the class at the time Victor has said they are going to be done, but today there are some slower students and we must wait for everyone to finish one recipe, then we get a class on the last recipe and then prepare it. It was fascinating being there for the course program. Very well done. After everyone finished the recipe we were sat in the main dining room to enjoy all the courses for the day. Each student is served what they cooked for the morning. The only caveat being that Thai people enjoy their foods all together mixing the flavors of sweet and tangy with mellow and spicy and this often means every dish is no longer hot. This is not deemed a matter of any importance to the Thai people, but I sort of prefer hot soup and main courses.

Over lunch we enjoy talking to Victor's class mates and learning what brought them to the school and Thailand. I hand out Hotel Charlotte flyers to everyone. We have handed out so many flyers that I hope I don't run out before we have to go home! Everyone we meet is interested in the Hotel and Yosemite and takes a brochure. This is excellent!

A word about this fine restaurant. The people at the Blue Elephant could not have been more kind and accommodating and it wasn't just business, it was a way of life. We met many of the team and enjoyed their hospitality to no end. On our way out, Nooror one of the founding owners asked if the two of us would like a private class on Monday or Tuesday. We were planning to run away to Chiang Mai for my Birthday on Wednesday, so we sign up for the class for Monday.

And off we run to the dentist.

No comments: