Thursday, February 08, 2007

Recipe Research Summary

All the post prior to this are in day/time order and I am glad to be done with that part of the blogging. It was all too diary like for me.

We found dozens of new recipe and service ideas to look at in the coming months. Some of them might get added, and some not.

  • Raspberry port sauce over our vanila bean ice-cream, creme brulee and cheese cake.
  • Homemade ice-cream desserts and after dinner espresso. This spring we will buy the equipment to offer both.
  • Chocolate fondu with lady fingers and strawberries for dipping
  • All the Thai menus learned from the school
  • Tapas menus and not just Spanish choices
  • Carpaccio and Carpeccio
  • Add Steak and Shrimps as additional topper options with any of the salads
  • Multi-Course fixed priced meals were very popular everywhere we went and may work here as well
  • A new sausage for the mixed grill plate
  • A little different lighting approach, white holiday lights inside the windows.
  • A new approach to the music
  • Some enhanced signage
  • White Chocolate, Pernon and Grand Marinier flavored Creme Brulee
  • Packaging and decorating ideas for the wine tasting & shop
  • Ooooodles more!

Thats it for now! I feel like I have written a book! Maybe someday when I retire from innkeeping I will become a travel writer or just a fiction writer. Victor says I embellish. I think I just have more dramatic experiences than he does.

We had a grand time and will return to Asia again.

No comments: